NCFP's Trustee Education Institute provides a comprehensive introduction to all of the key legal, investment, ethical, grantmaking, and family dynamics issues facing family foundation board members. Featuring a faculty made up of NCFP's senior staff and highly respected philanthropy experts, this three day, intensive seminar will cover:
- What does it mean to be a steward of both the public’s trust and your family’s legacy?
- How do you bring your personal giving identity to the foundation’s collective grantmaking?
- What are the qualities and responsibilities of effective trustees and exceptional boards?
- How do you navigate family dynamics at the board table?
- What essential legal rules do you need to know, and what are the more difficult ethical issues you may confront over time?
- How can you grow into a leader for your family’s philanthropy and get the most from this truly special opportunity?
Who should attend
The Trustee Education Institute is designed and offered exclusively for current and prospective family foundation board members.
Elgibility: ONLY current and prospective family foundation board members may register.