Join your community foundation colleagues for the 2018 Community Foundations of Florida Florida Summer Meeting this June 21-22 at Community Foundation for Palm Beach and Martin Counties in West Palm Beach, FL. This annual two-day event is packed with speakers on the latest issues affecting community foundations and ample opportunity for peer exchange and networking with your Florida peers.
- Network with CFF members across Florida
- Share peer resources and learn from others on best practices and tried approaches
- Learn about current trends and new developments in community foundation giving
Who Should Attend: This meeting is designed for CEOs and staff members of all types of Florida community foundations. The meeting is open to FPN members only.
Hotel: A room block has been established at Hyatt Place West Palm Beach/Downtown, 295 Lakeview Avenue. West Palm Beach FL, 33401. For reservations, call toll free 1-888-HYATT-HP (492-8847) and ask for The Community Foundation June 2018 rate, or register online and enter in the Group Code G-CFJ8 to register at the reduced rate of $119/night.
Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 10:15 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Lunch and reception included. Evening dine-arounds with colleagues at City Place.
- 10:15 to 11:15 New CEO Meeting (optional)
Joy Watkins, CEO and President, Community Foundation of North Florida
- 11:30- Welcome and Introductions
- Noon - Lunch and opening keynote – How to Grow your Asset Base
It’s important for Foundations to always be thinking about growing their asset base and diversifying their funding sources….so that they can have a larger impact on the community. Raising money may come in the form of an asset-building campaign or day-to-day outreach efforts. Either way, there are four important steps you will need to take to ensure that your fundraising efforts are set up for success. These four steps are essential regardless of the size of the Foundation.
Jamie Phillippe, Alford Group CFRE Vice President
- 1:45 to 3:30 Megadonor Archetypes – A Look at New Research and Implications for Community Foundations, Fundraisers, and Communicators
Increasingly, community foundations have become trusted stewards of significant funds from UHNW individuals (see next line). You can tailor your marketing efforts, communications and outreach to your prospects and donors using tools ranging from data analysis to personas. We take a look at recently released research on giving by Ultra High Net Worth Individuals describing a new approach to understanding these philanthropists – the 5 Mega Donor Archetypes.
Sharon Tiknis, Executive Vice President & East Division Manager, Alford Group
Jamie Phillippe CFRE, Vice President, Alford Group
- 3:45 – 4:45 Peer Learning Exchange Breakout sessions for CEO’s, Finance, Donor Services/Donor Engagement, Program/Community Investments and Marketing and Communications
- 5:00- Reception-Center for Philanthropy courtyard
- 6:00 Dinner with Colleagues, Assemble at the reception and walk together two blocks to City Place:
Program – Cabo Flats, Marketing/Communications - Bellagio
Finance – Brio Tuscan Grille
Development – The Regional Kitchen and Public House
CEOs – City Cellar
- 8:00 pm – City Place Options
Palm Beach Improv, City Place
Michael Quu, Full Throttle Comedy
Revolutions, Eat, Drink, Rock and Roll
½ mile walk to Downtown West Palm Beach Clematis Street
Nightcap at Blue Martini or Sloan’s Ice Cream
Friday, June 22, 2018 - 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Breakfast and box lunch included.
- 7:30- 8:30 Breakfast
- 8:30-10:00- Leading with Community Impact: Building Assets by Building Community
There is increasing evidence that community foundation donors are happier, and more likely to make additional gifts, when they believe their community foundation is making a difference on important issues in their community. Deborah Ellwood, President and CEO at CFLeads, will share the research on donor satisfaction and highlight stories from community foundations that have embraced a fundraising model that starts with community impact. Hear how increased relevance and visibility can lead to asset growth!
Deborah A. Ellwood, President and CEO CF Leads
- 10:30 Break
- 10:45 Digital Threats that Keep You Up at Night
Brad Deflin, Founder and President of Total Digital Security Hacking, Vulnerability & Breaches
- Noon – Wrap Up and Adjourn, Box Lunch together or available to go for those who want to get on the road early.
CFF Leadership Team members: CFF Leadership Team will be polled for a post Summer Meeting Teleconference.