For decades, southern based efforts working to support LGBTQ communities have been under-resourced and under valued by funders. In recent years, we have seen a promising increase in support for LGBTQ work in the South. And Florida grantmakers are leading the way! Join us for an informative session to learn how Florida funders are working to support LGBTQ communities through their grantmaking. During our session you’ll hear from representatives from community foundations, health conversion funds and LGBTQ funds based in Florida. This session is perfect for funders who are new to considering LGBTQ grantmaking as well as those who are practiced in the field.
Moderator and speakers include:
- Randy Russell, President/CEO, Foundation for a Healthy St. Petersburg
- Chantelle Fisher-Borne, Project Director, Out in the South Initiative @ Funders for LGBTQ Issues
- Nina Waters, President, Community Foundation for Northeast Florida
- Marco Quiroga, Director, Contigo Fund
- David Jobin, President, Our Fund
By participating in this session, you will be able to:
- Understand issues challenging the LGBTQ community
- Become more familiar with examples of how Florida funders are responding
- Gain a perspective of the changing philanthropic landscape taking shape nationally and in the region; and,
- Learn about opportunities for partnerships and collaboration.
This is a Zoom meeting and access information will be provide upon registration.
Who should attend
This meeting is open for FPN members only.