Gulf Coast Community Foundation is growing! To see our additional new roles visit our website www.GulfCoastCF.org/careers
Together with our donors, our team boldly and proactively transforms our region – and you can too.
For nearly 25 years, Gulf Coast Community Foundation has partnered with generous donors, dedicated community partners, and an innovative team of talented employees who are empowered to identify needs in our community and lead strategic efforts to transform them.
The Associate Philanthropic Advisor is responsible for furthering the effectiveness of the Gulf Coast Development Team. Specifically, the Associate Philanthropic Advisor will provide high level administrative research and support, identifying potential for new donors, and building strong partnerships with legal and financial advisors. In addition, the Associate Philanthropic Advisor will assist the team in legacy and estate settlement, relationship and initiative tracking, and some new fund origination.
Essential duties and responsibilities
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Identify and support relationships with a portfolio of donors and potential donors.
- Build and maintain relationships with estate and financial planning professionals.
- Assist in planning intermediary, donor recognition, and donor cultivation events.
- Coordinate suggestions for planned giving vehicles with prospects and their advisors in order to meet their estate, financial, and charitable planning goals.
- Execute presentation meetings at professional advisory firms.
- Maintain a solid level of expertise regarding state and federal taxes, gift and estate giving methods and the legal aspects of charitable giving.
- Represent Gulf Coast at functions in the evenings and on weekends as appropriate.
- Commitment to Gulf Coast’s values of service, integrity, and stewardship.
- Accurate, intelligent, strategic-thinker.
- Self-motivated and able to make solid and well-thought-out business decisions.
- Ability to understand and communicate the broad goals of Gulf Coast while remaining focused on the detail-oriented work and follow-through.
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well independently and within a multi-disciplinary team environment and manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Commitment to the highest standards of service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to recognize confidential information and to handle appropriately.
- A bachelor’s degree and three to five years experience in planned giving or trust work.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with a wide variety of donors, clients, and professional advisors.
- Demonstrated expertise and ability to communicate financial aspects, implications, and benefits of a variety of gift instruments.
- Expert in the use of software programs, e.g. word processing, spreadsheet applications, presentation software, and database applications.
WHY WORK HERE?
We recognize the value of our employees and offer a wide-ranging benefits package to encompass your whole well-being. We provide a work-life balance that allows our employees to thrive in the workplace, have fun, and focus on their goals. All of our wellness benefits begin 30 days after hire—no long-term waiting. Eligibility for 401(k) plan begins 90 days after hire, with competitive matching of 100% up to the first 3%!
When you join Gulf Coast, you join one of the most recognized and respected philanthropic brands in our region. We empower our employees through continuous education, cross-training, and opportunities to become involved in the community we serve. To further professional growth, we have partnered with LinkedIn Learning to offer highly personalized and engaging content and courses.
With our unique and dynamic open-office environment, we thrive through a collaborative approach. You will always feel and be part of a supportive and encouraging team that, together, works proactively to advance our mission. Each new team member works directly with a mentor through a streamlined on-boarding process that empowers you to be successful with us.