Application deadline extended: November 1, 2019
Do you have a passion for providing excellent customer service? Do you have strong computing and data analysis skills? Do you thrive in innovative work environments that champion continuous process improvement? If so, we want to hear from you.
Knight Foundation’s Grants Administration team oversees and continuously improves the foundation’s grants processes, systems and database. We are seeking an individual with early stage career experience and interest in technical support, data analysis and data management to join our five-person team.
As an associate, you will report to our Director/Grants Administration.
- Help drive our back-end system design improvements and changes in our grant-making system.
- Partner with staff and grantees in the overall grant-making process, which includes the development of grant documents, structuring of grants and ensuring regulatory compliance requirements are met.
- Continuously improve grant processes and technology, and educate staff and trustees on the same.
Things we look for in a successful candidate:
- Solutions oriented.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Programming/coding proficiency.
- Ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity.
- Effective and confident communication.
- Curiosity and a strong desire to learn.
Experience with Fluxx, or another grants management database, is a plus.
Knight Foundation is a national foundation with strong local roots. We invest in journalism, in the arts, and in the success of cities where brothers John S. and James L. Knight once published newspapers. Our goal is to foster informed and engaged communities, which we believe are essential for a healthy democracy.
Our approach is inclusive and non-partisan; we value freedoms of speech and the press, and we often embrace new and innovative technology to achieve our goals. The qualities we look for are openness to new ideas; courage to push for change; and the expertise and tenacity to achieve the desired results. Tell us what excites you about this opportunity and why you are right for it.