Gulf Coast Community Foundation is growing! To see our additional new roles, visit our website www.GulfCoastCF.org/careers
Together with our donors, our team boldly and proactively transforms our region – and you can too.
For nearly 25 years, Gulf Coast Community Foundation has partnered with generous donors, dedicated community partners, and an innovative team of talented employees who are empowered to identify needs in our community and lead strategic efforts to transform them.
The new role of Communications Associate is an integral part of the Marketing and Communications team, supporting both the Director of Communications and the Director of Marketing Strategy. This role works with the team to manage projects, develop content, and further the reach of content distribution through various media and communication channels. The position also collaborates across the organization to gather information and help create innovative communications products that advance Gulf Coast’s philanthropic work and strengthen its brand.
Essential duties and responsibilities
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Research and write meaningful content for various communication channels based on overall marketing and public relations strategies
- Plan, draft, and publish social media, website, and email content
- Develop and write press releases, media alerts, and story pitches to generate positive media coverage of Gulf Coast, its donors and partners, and its work
- Monitor and track press coverage and produce reports for internal and partner constituents
- Manage content calendar in coordination with Marketing and Communications team
- Manage contact lists in database and other programs to optimize communication with various audiences
- Act as liaison between functional teams to maximize internal communications and information sharing
- Work across the organization to educate and engage staff on the most up-to-date communication tools
- Assist Corporate Secretary in preparing materials for Board and committee meetings
- Serve as representative of the Marketing and Communications team when necessary
The ideal candidate will have previous experience with copyediting, proofreading, and basic style and grammar standards. The candidate should be comfortable working with multiple types of media platforms in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to communicate complex industry information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner. The position will ensure a consistent voice and brand personality across all marketing and communications content.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field (marketing, journalism, communications, business, etc.)
- 2+ years of professional experience in marketing and communications
- 2+ years of professional experience creating and editing content
- Database management
- Strong grammar and proofreading skills
- Excellent creative and copy writing skills
- Experience with nonprofit organizations
- Ability to work independently, coordinating projects from development to implementation
- Excellent in Microsoft Office programs to include Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (not required)
WHY WORK HERE?
We recognize the value of our employees and offer a wide-ranging benefits package to encompass your whole well-being. We provide a work-life balance that allows our employees to thrive in the workplace, have fun, and focus on their goals. All of our wellness benefits begin 30 days after hire—no long-term waiting. Eligibility for 401(k) plan begins 90 days after hire, with competitive matching of 100% up to the first 3%!
When you join Gulf Coast, you join one of the most recognized and respected philanthropic brands in our region. We empower our employees through continuous education, cross-training, and opportunities to become involved in the community we serve. To further professional growth, we have partnered with LinkedIn Learning to offer highly personalized and engaging content and courses.
With our unique and dynamic open-office environment, we thrive through a collaborative approach. You will always feel and be part of a supportive and encouraging team that, together, works proactively to advance our mission. Each new team member works directly with a mentor through a streamlined on-boarding process that empowers you to be successful with us.