Community Impact Assistant
Title: Community Impact Assistant
FLSA: Exempt (Full-time)
Start Date: June 2019
Reports to: VP for Community Impact
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Community Impact Assistant will serve a pivotal role on the Community Impact Team. The Community Impact Team oversees the grantmaking and scholarship activities at The Community Foundation. The Community Impact Assistant will provide both programmatic and administrative support in these areas in addition to ensuring that the Community Foundation’s programmatic goals and objectives are achieved. The Community Impact Assistant will report to the Vice President for Community Impact.
Technologically Savvy (can learn new systems with relative ease),
Data Driven, Customer Focus, Relationship Building/Communication, Project Management, Forward Thinking, Adaptability/Flexibility, Attention to Detail/Accuracy
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Grant lifecycle database management: responsible for assisting in build out of new software, grant award documentation, document approvals, entering new applications in the database, processing payments, collecting and analyzing grantee metrics and generating reports;
- Maintain integrity of information in primary database and managing the inflow of applications and recommendations from web-based portal;
- Ensure compliance with industry standard tax and legal requirements as well as to fund requirements;
- Conduct an annual evaluation of grantmaking and scholarship procedures and make recommendations to the Vice President for Community Impact with regard to program improvements and adjustments to maintain the integrity of the process;
- Complete research as necessary to stay on top of local community trends/needs and national and local philanthropic trends;
- Join on-site visits to enhance learning and understanding of our service area
- Provide management and support in all aspects of scholarship administration processes from the application through the award lifecycle including, but not limited to: working with the scholarship administration vendor and their management of the online scholarship applications and award recommendations, coordinating volunteer interviewers, overseeing posting/publicity of scholarship availability, awarding payments and complying with all state and federal requirements;
- Work with Community Impact Associate to fully comprehend scholarship fund criteria, ensure that all awards appropriately match the pertinent funds available and prepare first draft recommendations for the Vice President for Community Impact and the Community Impact Committee.
- Monitor post-award student scholarship progress to ensure that all award conditions are met;
- Collect thank yous, stories and create systems to analyze persistence and completion of scholarship recipient;
- Recommend website updates to marketing as needed;
- Communicate effectively and with timeliness to scholarship recipients
- Complete special projects as needed;
- Community engagement and outreach regarding grant and scholarship opportunities;
- Event planning as needed;
- Coordinate audit and compliance procedures for internal and external grant and scholarship file audits in cooperation with Finance Department;
- Responsible for meeting preparations and minutes for Community Impact Committee;
- Draft presentations as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 0-2 years of previous work experience
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage competing priorities.
• Excellent computer skills (new software, Microsoft Suite Products, comfortable with new software and databases).
• Commitment to accuracy.
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
The Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, The Employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the Employer.
**Please apply online with resume and cover letter. No phone calls accepted.
Apply online at https://www.yourcommunityfoundation.org/careers