The Community Foundation of Sarasota County seeks a dynamic:
Coordinator, Community Impact
The Coordinator, Community Impact position is primarily responsible for providing administrative support to the Vice President, Community Impact as well as the Community Impact team. This includes maintaining the calendar and scheduling for the Vice President, Community Impact as well as meeting and greeting guests as they arrive. The Coordinator position works closely with team members on scholarships, grants and nonprofit services and has a supporting role in events organized by the Community Impact team to include nonprofit trainings, awards, and other community focused events. The Coordinator position also provides back up coverage to our Receptionist and regularly participates on internal staff committees.
The successful candidate will be someone who enjoys working in a professional, fast paced office environment where the abilities to pay close attention to details and build long-lasting relationships are important. The successful candidate should have well developed customer relations and organizational skills. Strong teamwork and written/oral communication skills are also required for the Coordinator, Community Impact position.
The Coordinator, Community Impact is a full-time position offering excellent benefits including employer paid health, dental, vision, short/long term disability and life insurance for employees. In addition to a generous Paid Time Off policy and paid holidays, the Community Foundation of Sarasota County also offers a 401K with a generous matching opportunity, bonus opportunities and more!
- Regularly provides administrative support to the Vice President, Community Impact including basic reporting, scheduling and calendar maintenance as well as other related administrative tasks.
- Provides general administrative support to the entire Community Impact team, as needed.
- Assists Community Impact team by entering nonprofit, grants and scholarship information into databases (FIMS, CommunityForce).
- Assists Community Impact programming and events to include meeting/event preparation, communication with attendees, and other related needs.
- Works as part of a team that provides backup receptionist coverage as needed.
- High school diploma and 1-3 years administrative support and/or customer service experience required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills/time management skills; able to multi-task considering varied areas supported.
- Strong attention to detail; excellent proofreading skills.
- Well-developed database administration and typing skills.
- Experience in a non-profit environment helpful, but not required.
- Comfortable with technology and able to self-support for basic computer and network problems; uses appropriate judgment when escalating for additional assistance.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Proficient with database tools.
General Performance Standards and Expectations:
In addition to satisfactory performance on all the essential job duties and responsibilities for this job, the Community Foundation of Sarasota County employees are will strive to demonstrate our service philosophy of P.R.I.D.E in excellence to our internal and external constituents.
- Goal Oriented
- Gets job done within deadlines
- Takes Ownership
- Maintains required technical skills
- Calm under stress
- Respect for importance of everyone
- Empathetic Listener
- Ask and listen
- Provides excellent customer service, both internal & external
- Demonstrates qualities of a Servant Leader
- Under promises and over delivers
- Authentic, honest, genuine
- Curious about new information
- Creative, independent thinker
- Problem solver – thinks outside the box
- Continuous learner
Dedicated Team Player:
- Works well across disciplines
- Adaptable to change
- Listens to other’s ideas
- Accepts different assignments
- Excited about the CFSC mission
- Optimistic, positive attitude
About This Opportunity:
The Community Foundation of Sarasota County (CFSC) has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Sarasota-Manatee for both 2018 and 2019!
CFSC has been a respected philanthropic force since its founding in 1979. By providing a highly personalized link between donor’s dreams and the community’s needs, CFSC has helped ensure that people of vision and means have a trusted partner in their commitment to having an enduring impact on the community and causes they treasure. Accordingly, CFSC purposefully champions the community goals of its donors, committed at every turn to helping individual community investors achieve the maximum impact for the philanthropic dollars they entrust to the Foundation.
Recently, in just one 24-hour period, 58,974 donors to CFSC’s 2020 Giving Challenge raised over $18.4 million for 687 local nonprofit organizations. Since 2012, the Giving Challenge has raised over $58 million for local nonprofits. The Giving Challenge is but one example of how CFSC welcomes all community philanthropists and believes that everyone can be a philanthropist, not just those with means.
A dedicated advocate of excellence in philanthropy, CFSC is accredited by the Community Foundations National Standards Board, a supporting organization of the Council on Foundations. Perhaps more important locally, the Foundation is widely regarded as a collaborative partner by hundreds of nonprofits serving the people of Sarasota and surrounding counties.
CFSC expects its team to embody a set of seven core values:
Complete information on the Community Foundation of Sarasota County can be found online at www.cfsarasota.org
All interested candidates should complete an application through the Community Foundation’s recruitment website, including a current resume and cover letter.