THE FREDERICK A. DELUCA FOUNDATION, INC. is a private foundation that was created in 1997 by the late Fred DeLuca, co-founder of the global Subway® restaurant chain. The Foundation supports charitable programs in South Florida that empower people to lead healthy and productive lives. Under the broad umbrella of education, the Foundation focuses its giving in the following areas: Arts Outreach, Workforce Development, Youth Development, Community Health, and Medical Research. The Foundation operates in Fort Lauderdale, where it is making a significant regional impact.
The Database & Operations Manager maintains the Foundation’s grants management system (FLUXX) and is responsible for the tracking and reporting of all grant-related activity. The Manager ensures the performance and integrity of the organization’s database, troubleshoots issues on behalf of its users, and engages with the grant management vendor as the first point of contact for escalated problem solving. The Manager serves as the Foundation's point person for all software and data related needs.
Specific duties include:
Grants Administration & Information Management
- Manage FLUXX database, including maintenance, grant entry, reporting, queries, and data clean-up projects with the goal of providing current, consistent and accurate data;
- Regularly evaluate grants administration processes to improve efficiencies and functions;
- Develop workflows, templates, and dashboards for grantmaking activities;
- Record all grantmaking activities with accuracy;
- Oversee the timely processing of approved grants, including preparing cover letters and grant agreements;
- Track and review grantee payments and reports due, sending reminders to grantees and program staff as needed;
- Screen grant applications and reporting materials for completeness, and follow up with applicants as needed;
- Create and implement up-to-date grantmaking procedure manuals and processes, and ensure all entries conform to these procedures and regulatory compliance requirements;
- Troubleshoot issues and work with software vendors to fix bugs;
- Develop and implement tools for data integrity, reporting, and accurate evaluation.
- Generate and compare reports from the grants management system for Director and the Board;
- Prepare charts, graphs, and other visuals to summarize grant-related data and impact;
- Assist Board President and Director with special projects as needed.
General Office Administration
- Provide general administrative support to the Director and Board of Directors;
- Answer routine inquiries about the Foundation’s grantmaking programs;
- Organize and maintain foundation files and ensure compliance with document retention policy;
- Take minutes at Board of Director meetings and other Foundation meetings;
- Coordinate logistics for community and grantee convenings, and for site visits, as requested.
Professional Characteristics and Qualifications:
- Three years’ experience in database administration preferred, preferably as an administrator in a foundation or non-profit environment;
- Experience working with a grants lifecycle management system ideal, FLUXX preferred;
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, & PowerPoint) skills required;
- Ability to multitask multiple volumes of work and meet critical deadlines;
- Thrives in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment;
- Extremely well-organized and detail-oriented;
- Proactive problem solver;
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communications skills;
- Integrity and dedication to the Foundation’s Mission;
- Self-starter with track record of accomplishment while working under minimal supervision;
- Demonstrates strategic thinking, a positive attitude, and strong, sound judgement;
- Professional and welcoming demeanor both in person and by email or phone;
- Ability to maintain high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
To apply, please email your resume, one-page cover letter, salary requirements, and writing sample (1 - 3 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: “Database and Systems Manager.” Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience; health insurance and retirement benefits are provided.
Start date: as soon as possible.
Application deadline: open until filled.