The Jim Moran Foundation is currently hiring for a full time Database & Systems Specialist. The ideal candidate will maintain The Jim Moran Foundation’s grant management system (SmartSimple) and is responsible for the tracking and reporting of all grant-related activity. The Specialist ensures the performance and integrity of the organization’s database and troubleshoots issues on behalf of its users and engages with grant management vendor as the first point of contact for escalated problem solving. This position will also require a working knowledge of IT operating systems, such as Windows and Google, and provide general administrative support.
How You'd Spend Your Day:
Systems and Database Management:
- Acting as SmartSimple Systems Administrator for the organization.
- Resourcefully and pro-actively solving system and database problems.
- Managing SmartSimple database, including maintenance, grant entry, reporting, queries, and data clean-up projects with the goal of providing current, consistent and accurate data.
- Developing and delivering clear and accurate reporting and instructions for reports, dashboards and data extracts.
- Creating and implementing up-to-date Standard Operating Procedures for entry and reporting and ensure all entries conform to these procedures.
- Producing mailing lists and preparing data merges for mailings.
- Developing, running and comparing reports for Board and Governance meetings, as well as for quarterly financial reconciliations, annual audit and 990 filing.
- Providing support for Google mail administrator and website content manager to help update and maintain systems.
General Administrative Duties:
- Providing general administrative and grant making support for the department as needed.
- Three years experience in database administration preferred, preferably as an administrator in a foundation or non-profit environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel, and a demonstrated ability to perform mail-merge functions.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Excellent record-keeping, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Adapt at adjusting to changing priorities quickly and effectively.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision while maintaining accuracy.
- Ability to take initiative and complete project assignments independently and on‐time.
- Personal qualities of integrity, strong work ethic, and dedication to the mission of The Jim Moran Foundation and reputation of Jim Moran.
You may submit an application via our Career's Page-