Together with our donors, our team boldly and proactively transforms our region – and you can too. For nearly 25 years, Gulf Coast Community Foundation has partnered with generous donors, dedicated community partners, and an innovative team of talented employees who are empowered to identify needs in our community and lead strategic efforts to transform them.
Reports to: Senior Vice President for Philanthropy
The Director for Philanthropy is responsible for furthering Gulf Coast’s strategy of maximizing the philanthropic potential of each donor by engaging them in our work and community. The Director for Philanthropy will identify and cultivate connections with new donors, steward relationships with existing donors, and build strong partnerships with legal and financial advisors. In addition, the Director for Philanthropy is responsible for developing and implementing tactics around a specific area(s) of focus such as legacy planning and estate settlement, professional advisor cultivation, and/or development of a target market.
Essential duties and responsibilities
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Implements all giving programs including but not limited to: gift design, fund development, planned giving, and donor events. Develops synergy between donors and community needs
- Implements the donor relations plan which will facilitate growth in the use of Gulf Coast as a charitable vehicle. Works to align the interest of donors with the values and priorities of Gulf Coast
- Promotes philanthropic giving which adds value to the quality of life in the community through the support of the nonprofit sector
- Leverages existing donor and professional advisor relationships to consider different vehicles such as donor advised fund conversion to planned gifts
- Creates and grows relationships with a portfolio of donors and potential donors
- Builds and expands referral relationships with estate and financial planning professionals and firms
- Develops and executes giving strategies with prospects and their advisors in order to meet their charitable planning goals
- Maintains a high level of expertise regarding state and federal taxes, gift and estate giving methods and the legal aspects of charitable giving
- Assists in planning professional advisor and donor cultivation events
- Represents Gulf Coast at various community events, meetings, and activities including in the evenings and on weekends as appropriate
- Commitment to Gulf Coast’s values of service, integrity, and stewardship
- Accurate, intelligent, strategic-thinker
- Self-motivated and able to make solid and well-thought-out business decisions
- Ability to understand and communicate the broad goals of Gulf Coast while remaining focused on the detail-oriented work and follow-through
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently and within a multi-disciplinary team environment and manage multiple projects and priorities
- Commitment to the highest standards of service to internal and external customers
- Ability to recognize confidential information and to handle appropriately
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with a wide variety of donors, community leaders, and professional advisors
- Demonstrated expertise and ability to communicate financial aspects, implications, and benefits of a variety of gift instruments
- Expert in the use of software programs, e.g. word processing, spreadsheet applications, presentation software, and database applications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of five years of experience in planned giving where responsibilities included cultivating, soliciting, and closing planned and/or major gifts
General Physical Requirements
- Sedentary work: exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time
- Occasional walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, exerting over 10 pounds of force and recurrent repetitive motion (such as typing) are involved in performing this role
- The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions
- Events may take place off-site and may necessitate exposure to weather elements
WHY WORK HERE?
We recognize the value of our employees and offer a wide-ranging benefits package to encompass your whole well-being. We provide a work-life balance that allows our employees to thrive in the workplace, have fun, and focus on their goals. All of our wellness benefits begin on the first day of the month following 30 days after hire—no long-term waiting. Eligibility for 401(k) plan begins on the first day of the month following 90 days after hire, with competitive matching of 100% up to the first 3%!
When you join Gulf Coast, you join one of the most recognized and respected philanthropic brands in our region. We empower our employees through continuous education, cross-training, and opportunities to become involved in the community we serve. To further professional growth, we have partnered with LinkedIn Learning to offer highly personalized and engaging content and courses.
With our unique and dynamic open-office environment, we thrive through a collaborative approach. You will always feel and be part of a supportive and encouraging team that, together, works proactively to advance our mission. Each new team member works directly with a mentor through a streamlined on-boarding process that empowers you to be successful with us.
Please apply and submit resume via Indeed.com