This position is responsible for developing and driving the implementation of a comprehensive strategic marketing and communications plan to advance the Community Foundation’s development goals, mission, and strategic plan initiatives. This person will serve as a member of the development team but will work cross-departmentally with all staff members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create and implement a strategic communications plan that supports the Community Foundation’s short and long-term goals.
• Develop and implement integrated marketing strategies to support the marketing plan, including content marketing, digital marketing, promotions and advertising.
• Manage production of digital marketing materials, including writing, editing, photography, and design.
• Steward all development and revisions of branded marketing materials
• Create and manage an email communications strategy that maximizes engagement of the Community Foundation’s diverse audience segments.
• Develop engaging content marketing, including donor and community impact stories, that supports the Community Foundation’s brand and marketing goals.
• Manage all social media channels and strategy to raise the Community Foundation’s brand awareness and brand affinity.
• Coordinate the production and fulfillment of all direct mail.
• Communicate and Manage the Community Foundation’s brand and mission to further establish the Community Foundation as a leader in charitable giving.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications; minimum of five years’ experience in communications, or marketing, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent strategic marketing and promotions knowledge is required. Experience in direct mail, social media, graphic and design programs, web content management, and presentation programs are also desired. Proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and work both independently and in a team environment.
Ability to articulate and lead a comprehensive plan that identifies target markets and key messaging. Strong technical writing and storytelling skills; excellent strategic and organizational skills, mature judgment; creative problem solver; ability to manage multiple providers; energetic self-starter; excellent oral and written communications skills; excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; high integrity; strong computer skills, ability to lead the organization with a vision and direction that strengthens the organization’s brand.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com and in the subject line: "Application: Director of Strategic Communications"
No phone calls please.