The Jewish Women’s Foundation of the Greater Palm Beaches (JWF) envisions a world where gender is not a barrier to safety or success and women and girls have equal social, political, economic, and religious opportunities. We achieve this through social change grantmaking, advocacy and education, and leadership development programming.
The grants and program manager is responsible for the oversight and management of JWF’s grantmaking, education and advocacy programs, and other events. This position works closely with CEO and related volunteer committees to determine grantmaking and educational priorities.
Grants and Programs:
- Coordinate grant review process, including developing and disseminating requests for proposals, scheduling Grants Committee meetings, communicating with agencies that submit proposals, managing site visits and/or interviews with prospective grantees and notifying all applicants of the status of their proposals.
- In consultation with Grants Chairs and CEO, create work plans and agendas for the grants committee.
- Maintain regular and systematic communication with grantees
- In consultation with CEO, coordinate and manage JWF calendar of educational programs, meetings and events.
- Coordinate the creation of and sending of invitations to programs, planning of meetings and events and follow up work.
- Assist with special events, including conceptualization, logistics, preparation, implementation, and follow-up.
- Other duties as assigned.
Criteria and Competencies:
- Commitment to and passion for the mission of Jewish Women’s Foundation
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, problem solving, and flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Ability to be a self-starter and to work both independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency with a variety of computer software applications, including Microsoft Office Suite, Constant Contact, and Donor Perfect
- Knowledge of the American Jewish community and/or the not for profit sector, gender issues, and the State of Israel preferred
- Commitment to and interest in an organizational culture of philanthropy
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
JWF is committed to a healthy work-life balance for its employees.
Please send a cover letter detailing your interest in the mission and position, along with a current copy of your resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates who do not specify their interest in JWF's mission will not be considered.