The Manager, Information Technology position is primarily responsible for overseeing all day to day Information Technology needs for two offices, in Sarasota and Manatee County. The position will be the key organizational partner with our third-party IT service provider to resolve complex issues and keep the Foundation’s information systems running smoothly. The Manager, Information Technology will also work directly with on-site staff to assist with hardware and software needs as well as manage IT related projects and training.
The successful candidate will be someone who enjoys working in a professional, fast paced office environment where the abilities to pay close attention to details and build long-lasting relationships are important. The successful candidate should have well developed customer relations and organizational skills. Strong teamwork and written/oral communication skills are also required for the Manager, Information Technology position.
The Manager, Information Technology is a full-time position offering excellent benefits including employer paid health, dental, vision, short/long term disability and life insurance for employees. In addition to a generous Paid Time Off policy and paid holidays, the Community Foundation of Sarasota County also offers a 401K with a generous matching opportunity, bonus opportunities and more!
- Assist organization and staff with day to day needs including but not limited to:
- Network connectivity issues – onsite and remote.
- Connectivity and quality issues with phones/copiers/printers/fax.
- Software installations and updates.
- Assist Human Resources with employee IT onboarding/offboarding.
- Assist with Zoom, Teams online meetings.
- Request proposals for new hardware or software.
- Address issues and assist users with audio visual technology in our conference rooms.
- Partners with our third-party IT service provider to:
- Lead quarterly IT meetings with third-party IT services team and internal decision makers.
- Resolve server-level incidents (FIMS).
- Assist with installation of hardware or software.
- Assist in resolving technical issues or enhancements to the FIMS software.
- Resolve network-related incidents (Terminal Server).
- Address security-related incidents (Malicious software issues, phishing attempts, etc.).
- Address power-outage related issues and interruptions in service.
- Address problems with anti-spam system.
- Address issues that arise in server room related to temperature control.
- Address issues that arise regarding the alarm system.
- Address application performance issues.
- Address VOIP phone outages.
- Perform recurring PCI scans and address issues.
- Review hardware replacement policy and make recommendations.
- Oversee the renewal of domains and SSL certificates.
- Provide support to other service providers as needed. This includes but is not limited to: AT&T, Blackbaud/FIMS, Comcast, Dex Imaging, Frontier, ShredQuick, Sonitrol/Redwire, SouthTech, Star2Star, Zoom.
- Proactive management:
- Software champion for Office 365 suite of software products.
- Research, present ideas and implement approved methods and technologies that will improve stability, performance, and security of networks, telecommunications, servers, and other facets of the Technology Infrastructure.
- Support projects managed by other departments related to technology (Giving Challenge, CFSC website).
- Actively participate in CFSC-guided projects and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field. A combination of related experience and education may be substituted.
- Project management experience.
- Strong organizational skills and especially detail oriented.
- New software implementation experience (preferred).
- Training background preferred (i.e. lunch and learn about Teams, FIMS onboarding)
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Adept at problem solving; ability to troubleshoot and solve issues.
- Works well with others, exhibits great customer service.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 Suite.
- FIMS software or other related database experience, or ability to become proficient within 90 days.
General Performance Standards and Expectations:
In addition to satisfactory performance on all the essential job duties and responsibilities for this job, the Community Foundation of Sarasota County employees are will strive to demonstrate our service philosophy of P.R.I.D.E in excellence to our internal and external constituents.
- Goal Oriented
- Gets job done within deadlines
- Takes Ownership
- Maintains required technical skills
- Calm under stress
- Respect for importance of everyone
- Empathetic Listener
- Ask and listen
- Provides excellent customer service, both internal & external
- Demonstrates qualities of a Servant Leader
- Under promises and over delivers
- Authentic, honest, genuine
- Curious about new information
- Creative, independent thinker
- Problem solver – thinks outside the box
- Continuous learner
Dedicated Team Player:
- Works well across disciplines
- Adaptable to change
- Listens to other’s ideas
- Accepts different assignments
- Excited about the CFSC mission
- Optimistic, positive attitude
About This Opportunity:
The Community Foundation of Sarasota County (CFSC) has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Sarasota-Manatee for both 2018 and 2019!
CFSC has been a respected philanthropic force since its founding in 1979. By providing a highly personalized link between donor’s dreams and the community’s needs, CFSC has helped ensure that people of vision and means have a trusted partner in their commitment to having an enduring impact on the community and causes they treasure. Accordingly, CFSC purposefully champions the community goals of its donors, committed at every turn to helping individual community investors achieve the maximum impact for the philanthropic dollars they entrust to the Foundation.
Recently, in just one 24-hour period, 58,974 donors to CFSC’s 2020 Giving Challenge raised over $18.4 million for 687 local nonprofit organizations. Since 2012, the Giving Challenge has raised over $58 million for local nonprofits. The Giving Challenge is but one example of how CFSC welcomes all community philanthropists and believes that everyone can be a philanthropist, not just those with means.
A dedicated advocate of excellence in philanthropy, CFSC is accredited by the Community Foundations National Standards Board, a supporting organization of the Council on Foundations. Perhaps more important locally, the Foundation is widely regarded as a collaborative partner by hundreds of nonprofits serving the people of Sarasota and surrounding counties.
CFSC expects its team to embody a set of seven core values:
Complete information on the Community Foundation of Sarasota County can be found online at www.cfsarasota.org
All interested candidates should complete an application through the Community Foundation’s recruitment website, including a current resume and cover letter.
Please apply online at www.CFSarasota.org.