Together with our donors, our team boldly and proactively transforms our region – and you can too.
For nearly 25 years, Gulf Coast Community Foundation has partnered with generous donors, dedicated community partners, and an innovative team of talented employees who are empowered to identify needs in our community and lead strategic efforts to transform them.
The Philanthropic Accounting Coordinator supports the accounting function for Gulf Coast Community Foundation with utmost confidentiality and attention to data integrity. S/he primarily performs the accounting functions for the receipt and distribution of gifts and grants. This work includes financial data entry and reconciliation, gift receipt and acknowledgement, grant application processing and management, and financial communication coordination for donors, agencies, and fund representatives.
Essential duties and responsibilities
Include but are not limited to the following:
Receive, process, and acknowledge gifts to Gulf Coast Community Foundation
- Record contribution checks received and prepare file for uploading into Gift Module of financial system. Determine correct GL code and fund code based on fund agreement
- Assist in valuing contributions received in the form of securities. Ensure investment statements or confirmations are scanned and saved. Confirm gift accuracy, based on documentation
- Create gift acknowledgment letters
Process grant applications for discretionary, donor advised, designated, and unrestricted funds.
- Review and approve grant requests, communicate with donor advisors, and respond to their inquiries
- Serve as the main contact for grant suggestions from donor advisors, with the majority coming through the Donor Portal and others received directly from the donors
- Ensure complete and accurate information for each grant and review coding for accuracy
- Complete due diligence on all grantee organizations before processing.
- Verify fund balances and fund accounts for all grants
- Ensure grant distributions are processed in a timely manner, according to pre-established procedures. Implement changes to grant processing as recommended
- Work with Gulf Coast staff, donors, and grantees to expedite payments and resolve problems related to grant administration in an effective and timely manner
Oversee the mailing of grant checks and correspondence
- Perform financial system data entry; post to grant history, account payables, and general ledger
- Print checks and prep for signing
- Export data from grant application to word processing software for grant letters that accompany checks
Monitor and track signed grant agreements
Provide financial support, ad-hoc reporting, and research assistance to the Development Team as needed
Performs other duties and completes special projects as assigned, in support of Gulf Coast Community Foundation’s accounting and finance function
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptionally strong computer skills including expert abilities with word processing, spreadsheet and database applications, including data integrity and database conversion experience
- Ability to work well independently and within a multi-disciplinary team environment and manage multiple projects and priorities
- Self-motivated, accurate, intelligent strategic thinker, able to make solid and well-thought-out business decisions
- Commitment to the highest standards of service to internal and external customers
- Ability to recognize and handle confidential information appropriately
- Ability to understand and communicate the broad goals of Gulf Coast while remaining focused on the detail-oriented work and follow-through
- Commitment to Gulf Coast’s values of service, integrity, and stewardship Enthusiastically live the mission, vision, and values of Gulf Coast Community Foundation
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum two years of experience working in banking, accounting, finance, or technology fields are preferred
General Physical Requirements
- Sedentary work: exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body
- Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Occasional walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, exerting over 10 pounds of force and recurrent repetitive motion (such as typing) are involved in performing this role
- The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions
- Events may take place off-site and may necessitate exposure to weather elements
WHY WORK HERE?
We recognize the value of our employees and offer a wide-ranging benefits package to encompass your whole well-being. We provide a work-life balance that allows our employees to thrive in the workplace, have fun, and focus on their goals. All of our wellness benefits begin on the first day of the month following 30 days after hire—no long-term waiting. Eligibility for 401(k) plan begins on the first day of the month following 90 days after hire, with competitive matching of 100% up to the first 3%!
When you join Gulf Coast, you join one of the most recognized and respected philanthropic brands in our region. We empower our employees through continuous education, cross-training, and opportunities to become involved in the community we serve. To further professional growth, we have partnered with LinkedIn Learning to offer highly personalized and engaging content and courses.
With our unique and dynamic open-office environment, we thrive through a collaborative approach. You will always feel and be part of a supportive and encouraging team that, together, works proactively to advance our mission. Each new team member works directly with a mentor through a streamlined on-boarding process that empowers you to be successful with us.
To apply, please submit a resume via Indeed.com