Together with our donors, our team boldly and proactively transforms our region – and you can too.
For nearly 25 years, Gulf Coast Community Foundation has partnered with generous donors, dedicated community partners, and an innovative team of talented employees who are empowered to identify needs in our community and lead strategic efforts to transform them.
The Philanthropic Advisor is responsible for furthering Gulf Coast’s strategy of maximizing the philanthropic potential of each donor by engaging them in our work and community. Specifically, the Philanthropic Advisor will identify and cultivate connections with new donors, steward relationships with existing donors, and building strong partnerships with legal and financial advisors.
Essential duties and responsibilities
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Identify, cultivate, and grow relationships with a portfolio of donors and potential donors
- Build and expand referral relationships with estate and financial planning professionals and firms
- Assist in planning intermediary, donor recognition, and donor cultivation events
- Coordinate suggestions for planned giving vehicles with prospects and their advisors in order to meet their estate, financial, and charitable planning goals
- Execute presentation meetings at professional advisory firms
- Maintain a high level of expertise regarding state and federal taxes, gift and estate giving methods and the legal aspects of charitable giving
- Represent Gulf Coast at functions in the evenings and on weekends as appropriate
- Commitment to Gulf Coast’s values of service, integrity, and stewardship
- Accurate, intelligent, strategic-thinker
- Self-motivated and able to make solid and well-thought-out business decisions
- Ability to understand and communicate the broad goals of Gulf Coast while remaining focused on the detail-oriented work and follow-through
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently and within a multi-disciplinary team environment and manage multiple projects and priorities
- Commitment to the highest standards of service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to recognize confidential information and to handle appropriately
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with a wide variety of donors, community leaders, and professional advisors
- Demonstrated expertise and ability to communicate financial aspects, implications, and benefits of a variety of gift instruments
- Expert in the use of software programs, e.g. word processing, spreadsheet applications, presentation software, and database applications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of three years of experience in planned giving where responsibilities included cultivating, soliciting, and closing planned and/or major gifts
General Physical Requirements
- Sedentary work: exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time
- Occasional walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, exerting over 10 pounds of force and recurrent repetitive motion (such as typing) are involved in performing this role
- The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions
- Events may take place off-site and may necessitate exposure to weather elements
WHY WORK HERE?
We recognize the value of our employees and offer a wide-ranging benefits package to encompass your whole well-being. We provide a work-life balance that allows our employees to thrive in the workplace, have fun, and focus on their goals. All of our wellness benefits begin on the first day of the month following 30 days after hire—no long-term waiting. Eligibility for 401(k) plan begins on the first day of the month following 90 days after hire, with competitive matching of 100% up to the first 3%!
When you join Gulf Coast, you join one of the most recognized and respected philanthropic brands in our region. We empower our employees through continuous education, cross-training, and opportunities to become involved in the community we serve. To further professional growth, we have partnered with LinkedIn Learning to offer highly personalized and engaging content and courses.
With our unique and dynamic open-office environment, we thrive through a collaborative approach. You will always feel and be part of a supportive and encouraging team that, together, works proactively to advance our mission. Each new team member works directly with a mentor through a streamlined on-boarding process that empowers you to be successful with us.
Please apply and submit your resume using this link to Indeed: