Reports to: Controller
The Philanthropy Accounting Coordinator supports the accounting function for Gulf Coast Community Foundation with utmost confidentiality and attention to data integrity. S/he primarily performs the accounting functions for the receipt and distribution of gifts and grants. This work includes financial data entry and reconciliation, gift receipt and acknowledgement, grant application processing and management, and financial communication coordination for donors, agencies, and fund representatives.
Essential duties and responsibilities
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Receive, process, and acknowledge gifts to Gulf Coast Community Foundation.
- Record contribution checks received and prepare file for uploading into Gift Module of financial system. Determine correct GL code and fund code based on fund agreement.
- Assist in valuing contributions received in the form of securities. Ensure investment statements or confirmations are scanned and saved. Confirm gift accuracy, based on documentation.
- Create gift acknowledgment letters.
- Process grant applications for discretionary, donor advised, designated, and unrestricted funds.
- Review and approve grant requests, communicate with donor advisors, and respond to their inquiries.
- Serve as the main contact for grant suggestions from donor advisors, with the majority coming through the Donor Portal and others received directly from the donors.
- Ensure complete and accurate information for each grant and review coding for accuracy.
- Complete due diligence on all grantee organizations before processing.
- Verify fund balances and fund accounts for all grants.
- Ensure grant distributions are processed in a timely manner, according to pre-established procedures. Implement changes to grant processing as recommended.
- Work with Gulf Coast staff, donors, and grantees to expedite payments and resolve problems related to grant administration in an effective and timely manner.
- Oversee the mailing of grant checks and correspondence.
- Perform financial system data entry; post to grant history, account payables, and general ledger.
- Print checks and prep for signing.
- Export data from grant application to word processing software for grant letters that accompany checks.
- Monitor and track signed grant agreements.
- Provide financial support, ad-hoc reporting, and research assistance to the Development Team as needed.
- Performs other duties and completes special projects as assigned, in support of Gulf Coast Community Foundation’s accounting and finance function.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of experience working in banking, accounting, finance, or technology fields are preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptionally strong computer skills including expert abilities with word processing, spreadsheet and database applications, including data integrity and database conversion experience.
- Ability to work well independently and within a multi-disciplinary team environment and manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Self-motivated, accurate, intelligent strategic thinker, able to make solid and well-thought-out business decisions.
- Commitment to the highest standards of service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to recognize and handle confidential information appropriately.
- Ability to understand and communicate the broad goals of Gulf Coast while remaining focused on the detail-oriented work and follow-through.
- Commitment to Gulf Coast’s values of service, integrity, and stewardship. Enthusiastically live the mission, vision, and values of Gulf Coast Community Foundation.
Gulf Coast Community Foundation offers a culture that treats our employees professionally and respectfully, as well as a comprehensive set of benefits programs. All of the wellness benefits begin 30 days after hire - no long term waiting. 401(k) plans begin 90 days after hire - with competitive matching, 100% up to the first 3%.
Applications and resume will be accepted via Indeed.com