Gulf Coast Community Foundation is growing! To see our additional new roles visit our website www.GulfCoastCF.org/careers
Together with our donors, our team boldly and proactively transforms our region – and you can too.
For nearly 25 years, Gulf Coast Community Foundation has partnered with generous donors, dedicated community partners, and an innovative team of talented employees who are empowered to identify needs in our community and lead strategic efforts to transform them.
The Research Administrative Associate provides research and development support to the Community Investment team. This position performs professional research duties and administrative support as directed with utmost confidentiality, performs other duties, and completes special projects as assigned.
Essential duties and responsibilities
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct literature reviews, collect and analyze data for assigned initiatives
- Prepare, maintain, and update documents for submission to the Board and Community Investment Committee
- Maintain accurate records, safeguarding confidentiality as necessary
- Summarize interviews, meetings, and data gathered for specific initiatives
- Manage and respond to project-related communications within the Gulf Coast team and with community partners and agencies
- Attend sponsorship and other relevant meetings
- Attend area seminars, partner events, and other meetings as necessary
- Summarize project results by deadline given and in a concise and professional manner
- Prepare progress reports on individual initiatives
- Prepare other articles, reports, and presentations as assigned
- Coordinate other administrative needs of the Community Investment team
- Serve as liaison with nonprofit partners and ensure clear, consistent communication
- Work with the Corporate Secretary to complete board and committee dockets as assigned
- Assist members of the leadership team with special projects as needed
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications
- High school diploma required, Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Research, office assistant, or similar experience
- Commitment to Gulf Coast’s values of service, integrity, and stewardship
- Accurate, intelligent, strategic-thinker
- Self-motivated and able to make thoughtful business decisions with minimal support
- Ability to understand and communicate the broad goals of Gulf Coast while remaining focused on the detail-oriented work and follow-through
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently and within a multidisciplinary team environment and manage multiple projects and priorities
- Commitment to the highest standards of service to internal and external customers
- Ability to recognize confidential information and handle it appropriately
- Ability to perform intermediate-level functions in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and web browsers
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Highly developed people skills and the ability to interact respectfully with people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and cultures
- Enthusiastically live the mission, vision, and values of Gulf Coast Community Foundation
WHY WORK HERE?
We recognize the value of our employees and offer a wide-ranging benefits package to encompass your whole well-being. We provide a work-life balance that allows our employees to thrive in the workplace, have fun, and focus on their goals. All of our wellness benefits begin 30 days after hire—no long-term waiting. Eligibility for 401(k) plan begins 90 days after hire, with competitive matching of 100% up to the first 3%!
When you join Gulf Coast, you join one of the most recognized and respected philanthropic brands in our region. We empower our employees through continuous education, cross-training, and opportunities to become involved in the community we serve. To further professional growth, we have partnered with LinkedIn Learning to offer highly personalized and engaging content and courses.
With our unique and dynamic open-office environment, we thrive through a collaborative approach. You will always feel and be part of a supportive and encouraging team that, together, works proactively to advance our mission. Each new team member works directly with a mentor through a streamlined on-boarding process that empowers you to be successful with us.