The Community Foundation of Sarasota County seeks a dynamic:
The Scholarship Specialist position is primarily responsible for our Traditional Scholarship program (scholarships for ages 23 and under). This includes reviewing applications to ensure applications are complete, working with committees and utilizing software to review and rank applications, coordinating student interviews and awards, providing general support to students, and other related responsibilities. The Specialist position also provides support and cross trains with the Manager, Scholarships & Grants and works closely with the Education Officer.
The successful candidate will be someone who enjoys working with high school and college age students, with the ability to electronically process large numbers of applications, while paying close attention to the details. The successful candidate should have well developed customer relations and organizational skills. Strong teamwork and written/oral communication skills are also required for the Scholarship Specialist position.
The Scholarship Specialist is a full-time position offering excellent benefits including employer paid health, dental, vision, short/long term disability and life insurance for employees. In addition to a generous Paid Time Off policy and paid holidays, the Community Foundation of Sarasota County also offers a 401K with a generous matching opportunity, bonus opportunities and more!
- For the Traditional Scholarship Common application:
- Handles communications with Scholarship applicants and awardees, including monitoring and replying to the Scholarship email inbox and phone line, sends award notifications, acceptance forms, etc. for the scholarships noted above
- Maintains the Common application, adding new questions as needed, building in efficiencies for matching with 80+ scholarship funds
- Checks in scholarship applications and communicates any needed information with applicants for the scholarships noted above
- Works with associated scholarship committees
- Works directly with Students for scholarship interviews, donor meetings and receptions, including scheduling, prepping and welcoming students
- Enters and tracks scholarship information in CFSC’s database (CommunityForce).
- Creates and maintains current and archived files for scholarships
- Processes and mails scholarship checks
- Resolves any outstanding or returned check issues
- Resolves any unclaimed scholarship issues
- Participates in outreach to high schools, including College Fairs, Financial Aid events, Info Sessions, Award ceremonies, etc.
- Provides administrative support to the Community Impact team as needed.
- Works as part of a team that provides backup receptionist coverage as needed
- High school diploma and 1-3 years administrative support and/or customer service experience required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills/time management skills; able to multi-task considering varied areas supported.
- Experience with project management.
- Strong attention to detail; excellent proofreading skills.
- Well-developed database administration and typing skills.
- Experience in a non-profit environment helpful, but not required.
- Comfortable with technology and able to self-support for basic computer and network problems; uses appropriate judgment when escalating for additional assistance.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Proficient with database tools.
General Performance Standards and Expectations:
In addition to satisfactory performance on all the essential job duties and responsibilities for this job, the Community Foundation of Sarasota County employees are will strive to demonstrate our service philosophy of P.R.I.D.E in excellence to our internal and external constituents.
- Goal Oriented
- Gets job done within deadlines
- Takes Ownership
- Maintains required technical skills
- Calm under stress
- Respect for importance of everyone
- Empathetic Listener
- Ask and listen
- Provides excellent customer service, both internal & external
- Demonstrates qualities of a Servant Leader
- Under promises and over delivers
- Authentic, honest, genuine
- Curious about new information
- Creative, independent thinker
- Problem solver – thinks outside the box
- Continuous learner
Dedicated Team Player:
- Works well across disciplines
- Adaptable to change
- Listens to other’s ideas
- Accepts different assignments
- Excited about the CFSC mission
- Optimistic, positive attitude
About This Opportunity:
The Community Foundation of Sarasota County (CFSC) has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Sarasota-Manatee for both 2018 and 2019!
CFSC has been a respected philanthropic force since its founding in 1979. By providing a highly personalized link between donor’s dreams and the community’s needs, CFSC has helped ensure that people of vision and means have a trusted partner in their commitment to having an enduring impact on the community and causes they treasure. Accordingly, CFSC purposefully champions the community goals of its donors, committed at every turn to helping individual community investors achieve the maximum impact for the philanthropic dollars they entrust to the Foundation.
In just one day in 2016, donors to CFSC’s 24-hour online Giving Challenge donated over $13.1 million. The 2018 Giving Challenge raised $11.7 million for more than 630 local nonprofits. The 2020 Giving Challenge is expected to be extraordinary as well. Since 2012, the Giving Challenge has raised a combined $40 million for local nonprofits. The Giving Challenge is but one example of how CFSC welcomes all community philanthropists and believes that everyone can be a philanthropist, not just those with means.
A dedicated advocate of excellence in philanthropy, CFSC is accredited by the Community Foundations National Standards Board, a supporting organization of the Council on Foundations. Perhaps more important locally, the Foundation is widely regarded as a collaborative partner by hundreds of nonprofits serving the people of Sarasota County.
CFSC expects its team to embody a set of seven core values:
Complete information on the Community Foundation of Sarasota County can be found online at www.cfsarasota.org
All interested candidates should complete an application through the Community Foundation’s recruitment website, including a current resume and cover letter.
Please apply online at www.CFSarasota.org.