Reports to: President and CEO FLSA Classification: Exempt
The Vice President/Advancement leads the donor development and engagement work of the Foundation to broaden and deepen relationships with new and existing philanthropic partners, contributing significantly toward the growth of CFTB's ability to influence and invest in positive regional change.
The Vice President/Advancement:
- Establishes donor development annual and long-term goals with the President and CEO, the Board of Trustees, and Senior Staff.
- Develops and monitors the Foundation's donor development plan for reaching established goals utilizing all forms of charitable giving.
- Manages the activity and operations of the Development team as it works together and with other Foundation staff to implement the development plan.
- Develops and monitors a comprehensive stewardship program.
- Develops and nurtures relationships with professional advisors in order to increase referrals.
- Leads development strategies that engage Trustees, Councils, and other Foundation advocates.
- Works in conjunction with the Marketing and Communications team to align strategies and ensure mutual support.
- Identifies, cultivates and solicits a portfolio of prospective donors.
- Provides programing, guidance and support to CFTB's Family and Corporate Foundations.
- Manages the drafting of fund agreements, amendments to agreements, and new donor orientation sessions.
- Connects donors to the Community Impact staff and to grants possibilities that fulfill their philanthropic interests.
- Provides executive oversight of all donor cultivation and appreciation events.
- Manages development research, tracking and reporting activities.
- Represents CFTB publicly as a speaker, panelist, and presenter.
- Interfaces with community and nonprofit leaders.
- Provides leadership to others through example and the sharing of knowledge and skills.
- Participates actively as a member of senior staff in identifying issues and opportunities, creating and revising policies, developing processes and procedures, evaluating and addressing human and capital needs.
- Follows all organization's policies, practices, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Critical Hiring Requirements:
- Knowledge of and experience in major gift fundraising, planned giving, marketing and communications in support of fundraising, and event management.
- Success in designing and implementing a comprehensive advancement plan utilizing the full spectrum of giving strategies.
- Experience leading a development team of professional fundraisers.
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications and presentation skills.
- Solid personnel management skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedural guidelines to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Proficient computer skills including CRM management, electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and delegate assignments. Behaviors:
- Subscribes to the AFP Code of Ethics for Fundraising Professionals.
- Positive, energetic, welcoming, goal-oriented.
- Team player, willing to lead or follow as circumstances dictate.
- Collegial both internally and with external colleagues and partners.
- Confident and open to the suggestions and ideas of others.
Bachelor's Degree and evidence of continued learning in areas relevant to work requirements. Extensive experience leading advancement programs.
Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature. Includes sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time with the ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
Travel Demands: Must have reliable transportation and the ability to travel to various community based meetings and events.
Please send cover letter, resume and references in one pdf to: firstname.lastname@example.org and in the title "Application: VP Advancement".