Be a Part of Florida Philanthropic Network
Florida Philanthropic Network is a statewide association of grantmakers working to strengthen philanthropy through research, education and public policy. FPN's members are private independent, corporate and family foundations, community foundations, public charity grantmakers and corporate giving programs - from Miami to Jacksonville; Naples to Pensacola - who hold over $6.5 billion in assets and invest over $430 million annually (excluding members located outside Florida) to improve the quality of life for our citizens. Our members vary widely in size, type, years of existence and program interests, but they all share a commitment to building philanthropy to build a better Florida.
FPN is the only funders network exclusively serving Florida grantmakers. We strive to address philanthropic opportunities that make a positive social, economic and environmental impact. FPN can help you explore issues important to your foundation, improve practices and address policy issues. We invite you to add your voice to ours as we work together to grow the impact of Florida philanthropy.
As a Florida Philanthropic Network member, your organization’s board and staff benefit from year-long access to programming, conversations, research and information to enhance your effectiveness and help build philanthropy to build a better Florida.
Education & Skill-Building
- Participate in regional and statewide education opportunities to develop key skills and effective practices on a variety of topics and interest areas
- Learn from regional and national experts in the field on special teleconferences and webinars
- Attend our annual conference, Florida’s largest learning and networking event for grantmakers, at a reduced member rate
- Access the members-only section of FPN’s new website for access to a comprehensive set of resources, tools and information to help you with your work, including information about the funding interests and priorities of your fellow grantmakers in Florida
- Connect with, and learn from, your grantmaking colleagues facing similar issues, experiences and challenges
- Join one or more of our many affinity groups based on specific funding interests and job responsibilities
- Create your organizational and/or personal profile at fpnetwork.org to connect with other members by location, grantmaking focus or professional interests
- FPN can help publicize your news through our public newsletter Network News, social media and other communications, which reach funders, nonprofits and others interested in Florida’s philanthropic sector
Updates & Information
- Receive regular email updates, including Members Memo, FPN’s monthly e-newsletter featuring the latest member news, alerts, tools, trends and research
- Submit news items and read about what other FPN members are funding at fpnetwork.org/membernews
- Review and post job openings in the nonprofit and philanthropic sectors on the FPN Jobs Board
Advocacy & Public Policy
- Join FPN staff for Foundations on the Hill, an annual two-day event that brings foundation leaders to D.C. for meetings with Congress about key issues affecting philanthropy
- Help FPN communicate the important role of grantmakers by supporting key legislation, gaining positive media coverage, meeting with policymakers and elected officials and more
- Receive free copies of FPN’s annual research reports on Florida philanthropy
- Access specialized research and ad-hoc research requests, including salary and benefits data
- Log in at fpnetwork.org to access our program library and knowledgebase with national resources for funders
- Take a lead role or serve in one of FPN’s affinity groups
- Build your leadership capacity, develop professional skills and connect with colleagues when you volunteer for FPN committees and task forces
- Share your work and knowledge as a speaker or moderator for FPN programming
Through the national Forum, FPN offers our members discounts on services and publications, including:
- Sector publications, such as Stanford Social Innovation Review and The Foundation Review
- Changing Our World Toolkit + Coaching, a 16-week guided strategic planning process for community engagement to help companies develop thoughtful strategies that leverage corporate assets to benefit the community
- Directors’ and Officers’ Liability Insurance: The Forum-endorsed D&O program is available to all grantmaking foundations as a service to the field. Coverage is available in all states.