CSX Corporation today released its sixth annual Corporate Social Responsibility Report, titled “Moving Forward.” The report showcases the many ways in which CSX connects to global megatrends in the evolving economy, and outlines the company’s past performance and future goals in five key areas: business performance and governance, safety and security, employees, environment, and community.
Highlights for 2015 include:
- Hiring veterans for 25 percent of the company’s new employees;
- Achieving the company’s first sub-70 full-year operating ratio;
- Starting reconstruction of the Virginia Avenue Tunnel in Washington, D.C. to create clearances for double-stacked containers;
- Spending $132 million with more than 250 diverse and minority suppliers;
- Training and providing resources to more than 7,000 first responders;
- Providing 66 free transportation moves to support communities;
- Receiving the top three industry environmental awards;
- Reaching more than 70 percent completion of a goal to plant 42,000 “Trees for Tracks”; and
- Logging nearly 22,000 employee volunteer hours.