FPN Advocacy & Public Policy
FPN's Public Policy Principles
- Advocate for full participation of foundations, corporate giving programs and nonprofits in public policy dialogue and advocacy that affects their organizations, communities and the people they serve.
- Recognize and support the role of foundations as stewards of resources for the public good to strengthen and improve the health and vitality of communities and residents.
Principles regarding the philanthropy field and what we expect of ourselves:
- Encourage charitable giving.
- Encourage the growth, maintenance and vitality of foundations and corporate giving programs.
- Promote the ethical disposition of private resources for the public good.
- Ensure the ability of grantmakers and FPN itself to fully perform their roles as equitable employers.