Registration is now open. Connect with other funders who have an interest in supporting education-related issues, organizations and needs in Florida. Lunch will be provided.
Details to follow.
Who Should Attend?
This meeting is designed for staff and board members of all types of Florida grantmaking organizations who support education-related programs and initiatives. The meeting is open to FPN members only.
EAG Guiding Statement: The EAG will support a culture of high expectations for all students, in and out of school, from early childhood to postsecondary education, leading to career success.
- Foster connections that assist grantmakers with more effective and efficient practice.
- Learn of recent legislation in early childhood issues and upcoming policy issues
- Review updates on post-secondary attainment success efforts and work around innovative scholarships
- Discuss education amendment proposals from the Constitutional Revision Commission
- Delve into disconnects between early Florida Standards Assessment results and high school grad rates
Arrival & Registration
Welcome & Introductions
Daryl Houston, EAG Chair, Community Foundation of Palm Beach & Martin Counties
Braulio Colón, EAG Vice Chair, Vice President, Florida Student Success Initiatives, Helios Education Foundation
Reports from the Field: Education Partnerships Ensuring Excellent Instruction Convening
Florida Policy Landscape for Early Success
Brittany Birken, CEO, Florida Children's Council
FPN Early Success Plans
Bob McFalls, President & CEO, Florida Philanthropic Network
Florida Partnership for Attainment – What’s Philanthropy’s Role?
Braulio Colón, Vice President, Florida Student Success Initiatives, Helios Education Foundation
Innovative Scholarship Workgroup – Survey Results and Goals
Bill Hoffman, FPN Education Consultant
Constitutional Revision Commission’s Education Proposals
Nicole Washington, State Policy Consultant, Lumina Foundation
High School Graduation Rates and Statistical Disconnects
Paul Perrault, Vice President, Director of Research & Evaluation, Helios Education Foundation