CONNECTION: The 2020 Animal Grantmakers Virtual Conference will focus on bonding with colleagues old and new, sharing knowledge and ideas, and learning from experts (and artists, too!). The conference will help expand visions and develop grantmaking strategies to confront some of the biggest challenges in animal philanthropy. This annual event will kick off with the Annual Meeting (members only) on October 28 and a virtual happy hour for conference registrants later that afternoon.
As of September 29th, the following speakers are confirmed to present:
- Michael J. Blackwell, DVM, MPH, director, Program for Pet Health Equity, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Tony Eliseuson, litigation program director, Animal Legal Defense Fund
- James Evans, president, CARE (Companions and Animals for Reform and Equity)
- Che Green, principal, Cultivate Insights; founder & board member, Faunalytics
- Sara Kent, chief executive officer, Shelter Animals Count
- Abby Levine, director, Bolder Advocacy (a program of Alliance for Justice)
- Andrew Rowan, founding member, Animal Grantmakers; grants advisor, Edith J. Goode Residuary Trust
- Paul Schmitz, principal, Leading Inside Out
- Phil Tedeschi, clinical professor and executive director, Institute for Human-Animal Connection
- Marcus Walton, president and CEO, Grantmakers for Effective Organizations
- James Wilks, producer, The Game Changers (documentary film)
- Mary Logan Wolf, author and poet
Visit the conference webpage to register. Participation is limited to members of Animal Grantmakers and organizations that are primarily grantmakers. If you are interested in learning more about Animal Grantmakers and attending the conference, please email us.